A person who has taken courses and licensed by the State of Washington to act on behalf of a real estate firm.  Formerly known as agents, the State of Washington now recognizes licensed individuals as brokers working under a real estate brokerage. 

By |2019-06-24T22:12:45+00:00June 24th, 2019||0 Comments

Homeowner’s Association (HOA)

A homeowners association or HOA is a nonprofit association that manages common areas of a condominium or planned unit development. Owners pay a fee to the association to maintain certain areas that are owned jointly by everyone in the development.

By |2019-06-24T23:56:27+00:00May 17th, 2019||0 Comments

What is the Escrow Officer?

An escrow officer is typically employed by the title company that you are working with and they walk you through the closing process. They are responsible for oversee the escrow process as a neutral party. They ensure that they transaction is executed properly and legally and perform title searches, prepare paperwork and witness document signings.

By |2019-05-17T00:00:01+00:00May 17th, 2019||0 Comments

What is the MLS?

A multiple listing service (MLS) is an online listing service that compiles all properties that are listed with a realtor.  Brokers utilize the MLS to find homes in a certain price range or area. Washington utilizes the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS).

By |2019-06-24T22:22:17+00:00May 16th, 2019||0 Comments

What is a contingency clause?

A contingency clause is  a condition or action that must be met for a contract to become binding. When both the buyer and the seller agrees to the terms and signs a contract, then the contingency will become part of the binding sales contract.

By |2019-05-16T23:58:39+00:00May 16th, 2019||0 Comments
Go to Top