With inventory low and the real estate market hot, buyers are eager for a quick sale in order to close on the home they want. We spoke with our listing team for some tips and tricks that they recommend to clients who are getting ready to list their investment properties and below are some of their ideas.
On first glance, finding a new home is all about curb appeal. Taking some time to enhance the exterior of the house is an important step to getting it ready for listing. This can even increase the number of showings the house has and the selling price. Below are a couple of ideas on how to spruce up your property’s exterior:
- Keep the landscaping clean. Pick up any stray branches and twigs as well as prune any shrubs and trees that are overgrown. Clean up the mulch and ground cover and make sure it is free of weeds.
- Mow the grass, clean out the garden and plant or place some fresh flowers to keep the home feeling fresh from the exterior.
- If you haven’t done so already during your remodel, paint the exterior of the home or touch up as needed..
- Sweep the sidewalks, walkways and clean up the sides of the house. If you need to, get a power washer to hose down the sidewalk, driveway, and exterior of the home.
- Paint the front door. This is the first thing that will greet potential buyers before they walk inside the home and can make a lasting impression on the style of the home.
The interior of the home is the next opportunity you have to wow potential buyers. Sprucing up and adding some extra touches to the interior will help get the home ready for listing and help potential buyers envision themselves living there.
- Freshen up the walls with a new coat of paint, adding a neutral color will help pull the room together.
- Once your renovations are complete, make sure the home is cleaned up and free of any residual dirt or dust.
- Remove any smudges or marks on the walls or trim that might have occurred during the work.
- Invest in a staging consultant to dress up empty rooms so that potential buyers can see what the home could look like after they move in.
- Small details can make a huge difference – adding items such as fresh flowers or turning on lamps before a showing will make the home feel more welcoming and inviting to a prospective buyer.
We can help with this process by walking through your investment property with you and helping you along the way. When you work with Heaton Dainard on your investment property, you will have a dedicated point of contact through every step of the transaction. Our team of brokers can help find the perfect buyer to reach your goals and maximize your investment. If you are looking to learn more about the investment process, we offer a free Investor 101 Class where we walk you through real deals and provide expert insight and “how to” for investing in flip and cash flow properties. Visit the Investor 101 page for more information and to sign up.