Real Estate FAQ2022-06-10T19:19:58+00:00
Worried about having enough money for your down payment?2021-02-05T20:37:40+00:00

If you’re a first time home buyer in Washington you can use a Washington State Bond program like the Home Advantage or House Key Opportunity programs through the Washington State Housing and Finance Commission in order to get down payment assistance for your purchase. This is a great way to get started on your first property. If you combine one of these programs with the Energy Spark program you can save up to 0.25% on your interest rate for buying a green home or making the home you buy more energy efficient. To qualify for these programs, you must: Attend a First Time Home Buyer Education Seminar, Be under the income limit of $145,000, Have a credit score above 620, These seminars are free to attend, and the certification is good for 2 years. We partner with Caliber to teach these classes and get you ready to buy your first house as an investment. If you’re thinking about house hacking or just getting out of renting, these are the best ways to get into a deal with minimal cash out of pocket and maximum cash on cash return. If you’re coming from Bigger Pockets and wanting to do the BRRRR strategy – buy, rehab, rent, refinance, repeat – this is a great way to get started. We will work with you to find the property that’s right for you with the best return. You can check out James Dainard’s Bigger Pockets episode here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/biggerpockets-podcast-338-james-dainard

BRRRing in the Seattle area can be challenging due to pricing in this area. That being said, there are plenty of ways to make a great deal. Our brokerage specializes in front end analysis so that you can be confident in your purchase. We’ll provide you with all the data you need in order to execute on your investment goals. Here’re some examples of the things you can expect from us before you purchase a property: Rental comps, Sale comps, Rehab budget, Vendor list, Property Proforma, ARV. Contact us by filling out the form above to see if this is the right program for you.

Why Should I Use a Broker to Buy a House?2019-05-16T23:54:33+00:00

A broker is more than just a sales person looking to close a deal. When you work with a broker, they will work on your behalf to help guide you when buying a house. They can provide you with the most up-to-date market information and help you find listings that you might not find on your own. Additionally, they can help you negotiate a deal with your best interests in mind when you put in an offer on a home.

What is Title Insurance Good for?2019-05-17T00:00:20+00:00

Title insurance protects the lender and buyer from any losses that are incurred as a result of disputes over the title of the property.

What is the MLS?2019-06-24T22:22:17+00:00

A multiple listing service (MLS) is an online listing service that compiles all properties that are listed with a realtor.  Brokers utilize the MLS to find homes in a certain price range or area. Washington utilizes the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS).

What is the Escrow Officer?2019-05-17T00:00:01+00:00

An escrow officer is typically employed by the title company that you are working with and they walk you through the closing process. They are responsible for oversee the escrow process as a neutral party. They ensure that they transaction is executed properly and legally and perform title searches, prepare paperwork and witness document signings.

What is the Difference Between Being Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved for a Loan?2019-05-16T23:54:09+00:00

When you are pre-qualified for a loan it means that you could potentially get a loan for the amount stated for you. This assumes that all of the information that you provided to the lender is correct. When you are pre-approved, this means that you have had an extensive financial background check, which will include looking at credit history, tax returns, and employment verification. This is when the lender is willing to give you a loan, which is almost approved. Most sellers prefer that buyers are pre-approved as they know there will not be problems with the purchase of the home.

What is a Real Estate Broker?2019-05-16T23:58:13+00:00

A broker is a real estate agent who is licensed by the state and has taken courses to become a broker.

What is a One-Time Show Listing?2019-05-16T23:53:27+00:00

This type of listing is when the homeowner signs an agreement with the broker. In this agreement, the homeowner provides the broker with commission for selling the property. However, it also states that the homeowner can’t negotiate directly with the buyer at a later time to avoid paying commission to the broker. This type of listing is commonly used by brokers showing FSBO (for sale by owner).

What is a contingency clause?2019-05-16T23:58:39+00:00

A contingency clause is  a condition or action that must be met for a contract to become binding. When both the buyer and the seller agrees to the terms and signs a contract, then the contingency will become part of the binding sales contract.

What if I have bad credit?2021-02-05T20:32:06+00:00

There are plenty of things that you can do to improve your credit score. The biggest thing is paying on time. If you’re having trouble making payments on time talk to your loan officer or a credit repair agency to see how they can help. They can make suggestions and help you budget to stay on track. It might take some time but it’ll be worth the effort.

What does Debt-to-Income Ratio Mean?2019-05-16T23:59:12+00:00

This is the percentage of a person’s monthly earnings used to pay off all debt obligations.

What are Closing Costs?2019-06-25T00:06:25+00:00

Closing costs are the fees paid at the closing of a real estate transaction by buyers and sellers in transferring ownership of a property.

How much do you need for a down payment?2021-02-05T20:33:25+00:00

Down payments typically range from 3.5% to 5% on an owner-occupied property. If you’re using an FHA or conventional loan. Discover which might be better for you. In order to figure out which loan is going to be the best for your situation you’ll need to talk with your lender. You’ll need at least a 620 credit score to qualify. If your credit score is above 740 you have a good chance at qualifying for a better rate. Find out more about how you can increase your credit score and improve your chances of qualifying. If you’re already working with a lender, they’ll be able to give you an estimate of how much you’ll qualify for based on your income and how much you’ll need to bring to the table at closing. If you’re still looking for a lender, check out our buying guide for more information on finding a lender.

How do loan officers and real estate agents make their money?2021-02-05T20:32:48+00:00

Both loan officers and real estate agents only make money when you decide to purchase a house with them. For this reason, it is very important that you decide who you are going to work with early on in the home-buying process. You want people who will be your trusted advisers so make sure you interview multiple people and get a good sense who the pros and cons of each person.

Homeowner’s Association (HOA)2019-06-24T23:56:27+00:00

A homeowners association or HOA is a nonprofit association that manages common areas of a condominium or planned unit development. Owners pay a fee to the association to maintain certain areas that are owned jointly by everyone in the development.

FSBO (For Sale By Owner)2019-06-24T22:14:37+00:00

FSBO stands for For Sale By Owner. This means the owners are selling the property without the help and representation of a broker.

Can a Home Depreciate in Value?2019-05-16T23:52:57+00:00

In general, it is not very common for real property to depreciate in value. This is what makes real estate a great investment. When you are looking for a home, make sure you consider things such as location and community as it can affect the future value of the home.


A person who has taken courses and licensed by the State of Washington to act on behalf of a real estate firm.  Formerly known as agents, the State of Washington now recognizes licensed individuals as brokers working under a real estate brokerage. 

Go to Top